Friday, June 30, 2017
To: Friends & Supporters
From: Gary L. Bauer
A New Strategy?
As Republicans struggle over the details of reforming Obamacare, President Trump suggested a new strategy. This morning, Trump tweeted, “If Republican Senators are unable to pass what they are working on now, they should immediately REPEAL, and then REPLACE at a later date.”
Of course, left-wing talking heads immediately distorted the president’s suggestion, saying it would violate a campaign pledge not to repeal Obamacare without a replacement. They gave viewers the impression that Republicans were going to leave millions of Americans without healthcare as of next week.
But that’s not at all what the president suggested. In fact, Senator Ben Sasse (R-NE) sent a letter to President Trump suggesting this two-step approach.
Noting that 50 out of 52 members of the GOP Senate majority voted to repeal Obamacare in 2015, Sasse wrote that if no agreement is reached when the Senate returns on July 10th, they should simply vote again on the same repeal bill they supported in 2015 with one exception: “We should include a year-long implementation delay to give comfort to Americans currently on ObamaCare that a replacement plan will be enacted before expiration.”
Sasse also asked President Trump to urge Congress to cancel its August recess so that our elected officials could work non-stop to develop a plan by Labor Day.
Sounds like a plan to me!
A YUGE Day
The left-wing media obsessed all day yesterday over one of the president’s tweets and whether Mika had a facelift. Big news right?
Now let me tell you about the really important news that did happen yesterday.
- President Trump’s travel ban went into effect.
- President Trump delivered a tremendous address yesterday at the Department of Energy vowing to make America “energy dominant.” President Trump said, “We’re here today to usher in a new American energy policy — one that unlocks million and millions of jobs and trillions of dollars in wealth.”
- The administration imposed sanctions against Chinese banks for their dealings with North Korea’s rogue regime.
- Secretary of Homeland Security John Kelly announced that 66,000 illegal immigrants have been arrested since January. More than 70% of them have criminal records. That means the Trump Administration has taken 48,000 criminal aliens off the streets.
- The House of Representatives passed two major pieces of legislation to crack down on illegal immigration. Kate’s Law passed 257-to-167. One Republican voted no, while 24 Democrats voted yes.
Speaking Of Sanctuary Cities. . .
Here’s an example of just how insane the left has become.
On December 2, 2015, Pedro Figueroa-Zarceno went to a San Francisco police station to recover his stolen car. Authorities quickly discovered that Figueroa-Zarceno was an illegal immigrant with a deportation order from 2005. They called Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) and he was detained.
Keep in mind, friends, that Kate Steinle was killed in San Francisco by an illegal immigrant just a few months before. Undoubtedly, the police officers were more concerned with public safety, which is their job, than political correctness.
Figueroa-Zarceno sued, claiming that the officers who called ICE violated his “rights” under San Francisco’s sanctuary city policy. San Francisco’s left-wing politicians agreed. And now taxpayers are going to pay the illegal immigrant (who should have been deported 12 years ago) $190,000.
By the way, according to press reports, Figueroa-Zarceno requires an interpreter. He’s been in the country at least 12 years and still does not speak English? As it turns out, that’s not unusual.
Meanwhile, the city of San Francisco has refused to pay Kate Steinle’s family a dime.
So let’s recap. Because of San Francisco’s left-wing policies, an illegal immigrant who gets detained hits the jackpot, while the family of an American citizen who was murdered by an illegal immigrant gets nothing.
This cultural disconnect, more than anything else, is what cost Hillary Clinton the election.
- “Democrats Despair Over Neil Gorsuch: ‘We’ve Got Another Scalia.'”
- 57% of likely voters support religious freedom for small business owners. 29% would prosecute them for discrimination.
- 62% of likely voters support Trump’s proposed five year welfare ban for new immigrants. Only 26% oppose it.
- Trump’s tax plan is popular too — 61% support “significant” middle class tax cuts.
- Secretary of Homeland Security John Kelly denies grants to Islamist groups supported by the Obama Administration.
- The Trump/Pence team is tackling voter fraud.
- Bigoted left-wing college professor gets fired.
- Another bigoted left-wing college professor gets fired.
- Arizona law banning taxpayer-subsidized college tuition for illegal immigrants is upheld.
- Bernie AND Jane Sanders are under FBI investigation.