Monday, October 31, 2016
To: Friends & Supporters
From: Gary L. Bauer
8 Days Left
There are just 8 days left in the 2016 campaign.
Washington is still buzzing from Friday’s bombshell announcement that the FBI has reopened the investigation into Hillary Clinton’s mishandling of U.S. national security material. As you know, the latest twist involves a laptop that was shared by disgraced ex-Congressman Anthony Weiner and his wife Huma Abedin, Hillary’s closest aide.
In the course of its investigation into Weiner’s sexting scandal with a minor, FBI agents discovered as many as 650,000 emails on Weiner’s laptop, some of which are connected to Hillary Clinton’s private server. Over the weekend, the FBI secured a warrant to begin searching all the emails to determine whether any are new, perhaps part of the 30,000 messages that Hillary had “bleached” to keep them from investigators.
Huma Abedin could be facing perjury charges. She testified under oath that she turned over everything related to the server scandal — including all emails and devices. She is now hiding in New York, no longer at Hillary’s side.
Democrats immediately went on the attack. We’re going to try to help you knock down some of the ludicrous arguments and lies that the Clinton campaign and its allies are making.
- At a hastily arranged press conference Friday, Hillary blasted James Comey for sending his letter announcing that he was reopening the investigation to only the Republican chairmen of key House and Senate committees. Clinton was suggesting that this was a coordinated political attack against her. But her statement was a lie. Comey’s letter also went to the ranking Democrat members of each committee.
Clinton’s staff later claimed that Clinton simply didn’t read the second page of Comey’s letter. I’m not buying it. That letter could well determine her future. There is no way she didn’t read the whole thing.
Meanwhile, her surrogates continued to repeat this lie. Former New Mexico Governor Bill Richardson said yesterday during an interview on Fox News that Comey had sent the letter to Republicans in Congress, suggesting that Democrats had not received it. Clinton and her supporters are trying to rile up the left and boost liberal turnout by suggesting that the FBI is participating in GOP dirty tricks.
- At a rally in Florida over the weekend, Hillary Clinton attacked Comey, saying, “It’s pretty strange to put something like that out . . . right before an election. In fact . . . it’s unprecedented.” But Hillary knows it is not unprecedented.
In the closing days of the 1992 campaign, a special prosecutor investigating the Iran-Contra deal didn’t announce an investigation but an indictment against former Defense Secretary Caspar Weinberger. Bill Clinton used the indictment to question George H.W. Bush’s honesty and integrity. The Weinberger indictment was dismissed — weeks after the election — for violating the statute of limitations.
- Others on the left and in the media are blasting Comey for reopening the investigation just days before the election. “Why so late?” they ask. That is easy to answer.
Hillary Clinton and her allies have done everything possible to stonewall the investigation, which is why it took so long for the FBI to discover more e-mails.
Several Clinton aides have plead the Fifth and refused to testify.
They used high-tech software to “bleach” her server.
Boxes of emails were lost.
A laptop was lost in the mail.
Hillary couldn’t remember much of anything when questioned.
Her husband compromised the case by inappropriately meeting with the attorney general on an airport tarmac.
A top FBI official got hundreds of thousands of dollars funneled to his wife’s campaign from a top Clinton confidant.
- So far no elected Democrat has broken ranks and called on Hillary Clinton to step down. But Douglas Schoen, Bill Clinton’s pollster, has retracted his endorsement.
- MSNBC co-host Mika Brzezinski, who has spent months bashing Donald Trump, said this morning, “The bottom line is this all goes back to the server. Something she should not have done. This is way more than a mistake. Way more. . . Democrats nominated someone who is under an FBI investigation for having a private server, among other things. So here we are.”
- Today’s ABC News/Washington Post tracking poll has the race down to one point. Six days ago, Clinton enjoyed a 12-point lead in the ABC/Post poll. One-third of likely voters say they are now less likely to vote for Hillary.
- Sources inside the Trump/Pence campaign say that Wisconsin, Michigan and New Mexico all appear to be within the margin of error and potentially winnable.
- There are whispers in Washington that Attorney General Lynch is skirting the line of obstruction of justice. FBI agents in the bureau’s New York office have repeatedly pushed for investigations of the Clinton Foundation, but keep getting blocked by the Justice Department.
- A major left-wing theme is that Trump is an authoritarian who threatens our republic. It is an absurd charge given the left’s support for Obama’s abuse of executive orders. But what do you call what Clinton and her allies are doing now?
Senate Democrat Leader Harry Reid is calling America’s chief cop a crook, suggesting Comey is guilty of violating the Hatch Act and covering up evidence of Russian intervention in the campaign. For months, the left has denounced Trump for saying the election is rigged, yet Clinton and her allies are saying that Russians are rigging the election.
I learned a long time ago that whatever the left accuses conservatives of doing is precisely what they are doing, or have done.
Clinton = Crisis
If Hillary Clinton prevails on November 8th, there will be no honeymoon. She will take office under a cloud of scandal, and there will be one crisis after another.
But if she is sitting in the Oval Office come January 2017, the FBI will become her number one target for a major purge. The most important law enforcement agency in the country will be brought to heel and weaponized just like Lois Lerner’s IRS.
If you are a disgruntled Republican and vote in a way that makes it more likely that Clinton prevails, you are enabling unbridled corruption. You are voting to turn the country into a left-wing banana republic.